As we wrap up another week here at Droid Life, we are officially less than one week from Google I/O 2014! Next week is going to be awesome. Google has done a great job at keeping things hidden for the most part, so we may actually be in for some surprises. Surprises are awesome, by the way. While we love a good leak, we would also love to have our jaw hit the floor with some out-of-left-field announcement.
But before we get there, we encourage you all to catch up on the week that was. We weren’t expecting this week to be busy due to the fact that I/O is right around the corner, but there were all sorts of big stories. From Amazon’s new Fire Phone to T-Mobile’s John Legere apologizing for going H.A.M. on AT&T and Verizon during Uncarrier 5.0. We also saw Samsung bring us the Galaxy S5 LTE-A, which is the oft-rumored Galaxy S5 “Prime,” Android 4.4.4 go live, and all sorts of Kit Kat updates.
It was a big week – catch all of the best of it below!
- Unboxing: OnePlus One retail version (Sandstone black)
- Galaxy S5 on AT&T and Verizon rooted, many other phones too.
- Samsung announced the Galaxy S5 “Prime” with a QHD display, 3GB RAM, and Snapdragon 805.
- Android 4.4.4 is already out, with a security fix | Nexus downloads.
- DROID series will get it, but not for 3-5 weeks.
- Future of Android: Dalvik is out, ART is in | “Kill switch” coming too.
- T-Mobile makes Uncarrer 5 and Uncarrier 6 announcements | New LTE markets.
- John Legere’s apology for insensitive comments.
- HTC shareholders are pissed that they didn’t get free phones.
- Apps: Slingshot | Nokia Z Launcher | Terrain Home | Garmin viago | Life Time Alarm
- Kit Kat updates: AT&T Galaxy S4 mini | Mega | Galaxy S3 | Verizon Galaxy S3 & S4 mini.
- Amazon announced the Fire Phone | It has one massive flaw | Few of you are interested anyway.
- Moto 360: Vote on the 10 best Moto 360 designs!
- LG isn’t making the next Nexus, if there even is one.
- Hell froze over: Nike release a FuelBand app on Android.
- 250 new emoji are coming soon to a keyboard near you.
Enjoy the weekend! Rest up for I/O – it should be wild.
Collapse Show Comments