Samsung’s Galaxy Mega on Sprint is the latest device to receive Android 4.4.2 “Kit Kat,” software version L600VPUANE4. AT&T’s was the first Mega variant to see the love, but Sprint has been leading the charge for the most part when it comes to Kit Kat and Samsung devices. The fact that they were a step slow on a device that is probably a little lower on the importance meter is OK.
Sprint didn’t list a changelog, but they are all the same for Samsung devices at this point. The changelog from AT&T’s Mega update will probably give us a pretty good feel for it.
- On-device memory status and profiling
- Camera shortcut in Lock screen
- Unified Location Menu
- User can set preferred Network & Automatic in security policy update
- Home and Message application default option
- GMS applications update (GMS 4.4.2_r2).
- Wireless Printing enabled
- Video player closed captioning
- Additional application and settings options
To check for the update, head into Menu>Settings>More>System update>Update.
Be sure to keep up-to-date on all the latest Kit Kat updates.
Some of our best videos.