A new app called Ping from the makers of Secret has hit Google Play, but unlike Secret, I have yet to figure out its exact purpose. Ping is labeled as an aggregator of sorts. Upon opening, you select certain topics you want to be notified on. For example, there is “this day in history, tech talk, trending news, and daily fortune cookies.” (more…)
Today is the last day to enter for the chance to win your share of $1,000 in Google Play credit that is up for grabs through the Droid Life Deals store. To be more specific, one grand prize winner will receive $150 in gift cards, the runner-up gets $100, and 15 others will see $50 cards.
Entering could not be more easy. Once logged in to the store itself, there are multiple options for you to choose from to enter. You can like us on Facebook, tweet about the giveaway, share it on G+, or any of the other choices listed. It’s free Google Play credit, so why not?
Details of the contest can be found below. (more…)
Need an encrypted data connection for <-insert variety of reasons both questionable and legitimate->, be sure to check out the deal we have running in our Deals shop for VPN Unlimited. You can grab a 3-year premium plan for just $19, which is 70% off the suggested retail price.
A VPN connection allows you to “unblock restricted web content, protect your WiFi connection on public networks, secure your online activity, and bypass some ISP restrictions, possibly even increasing your regular Internet speed.” Below, you will find the full list of features:
- Secure Public WiFi Connection – No matter where you are or what network you’re using, when you connect to VPN Unlimited server, your data and activities are 100% safe
- Protect Online Activities – Hackers are no longer a problem because your internet activity and all data remains hidden and encrypted
- Unlimited Traffic Bandwidth – VPN Unlimited doesn’t limit your traffic bandwidth, so there’s no need to worry about your data usage
- Unlimited Connection Speed – VPN Unlimited provides you with a high-speed connection
- Connect to Territory-Restricted Web Resources – Connect to a VPN Unlimited server in the country of your choice and get access to all local web sites, meaning you can be in China and access US websites no problem
- Select the server in the country you want – VPN Unlimited provides a growing selection of servers in the most popular countries with the most demanded web resources
- Prevent Interceptions of Data – Encrypts your data right on your electronic device, using the powerful encrypting algorithms
- Access VPN Service From Any Device – Pay once and use VPN Unlimited on apps for iPhone, iPod and iPad as well as Macs, PCs, and even Linux
The VPN Unlimited Premium deal includes activation on 5 devices, which could be a combination of your computers and mobile devices. There is a companion app for Android or iOS, plus future updates to the service as well.
I think it’s safe to say that Samsung created the Galaxy Note Edge so that they could stand in a demo room and go, “Check it out, we bent a smartphone display and it still works!” The problem with creating a “look what we did!” product, people like me (or any other skeptical tech fan) want to know what the point is. Samsung, in a massive infographic posted to their corporate blog, is trying to explain how an angled, secondary display could be useful. (more…)
Is Google Maps just not cutting it for you anymore? Well, no worries, because a very unlikely company is here to try and help, that being Nokia. The company’s proprietary map application, called HERE, has leaked onto the web, working perfectly for any Android device running Android 4.0+, as long as its not Samsung hardware. (more…)
Google, facing mounting pressure from Dropbox, Microsoft, and Apple, is seeking ways to make its cloud storage solutions more appealing. The search giant focused on enterprise needs earlier this year, but pivoted its attention today towards students with the announcement of Drive for Education. (more…)
The Moto 360 is back in-stock through Motorola’s store in either black or stone. We don’t know for how long (limited quantities available again), so if you are at all interested, act fast.
As a reminder, the latest update appears to dramatically increase battery life, in case that was one of your concerns. We will have more to report on that tomorrow, but after a full day of testing, we would tend to agree that it does help.