I’m trying to figure out if anything big went down this week…hmmm…HMMMMM. Yeah, I think it’s safe to say that it was a busy one.
Not only did Google host an event in San Francisco on Tuesday morning, they used that event to announce two phones, the Pixel and Pixel XL, Google Home pricing, Chromecast Ultra, Google WiFi, and Daydream View, their first VR viewer that isn’t a cardboard box. Most of that stuff is already up for pre-order, plus we took both Pixel phones for a solid 5-minute tour. It was a good time, for sure.
Outside of Google’s big event, we talked a lot about Nexus and its future, received a date for the LG V20 launch, are now wondering how long before Samsung just kills off the Note 7, and are thinking the Xiaomi Mi Box is a must-buy.
Catch up on all of the action below!
Pixel All the Things:
- WATCH: DL Show episode 123, all about Pixel phones | Subscribe
- Google’s Pixel phones are now official, starting at $649 | Pre-orders live
- Video: We take the Pixel phones on a tour!
- Poll: Are you buying the Pixel or Pixel XL?
- Official Google Pixel and Pixel XL specs | Supported networks
- Verizon gets to handle Pixel updates for its batch and that sucks
- The bloatware on Verizon’s Pixel may not be bad, though
- Reminder: Pixel phones aren’t “only on” Verizon
- Pixel XL at Best Buy is the best deal, $26 off
- Pixel is selling out quickly on the Google Store
- Google has no plans for future Nexus devices
- Nexus owners, it’s time to get over it
- Then again, Google, don’t do this to Nexus owners
Rest of Google’s October 4 Event:
- Google Home arrives in November for $129
- Chromecast Ultra and its 4K self are coming for $69
- Daydream View is Google’s VR headset, coming November for $79
- Google WiFi is the new modular WiFi system for your house, starting at $129
- Android 7.1 will hit Nexus devices before the end of the year, as a developer preview
- LG V20 arrives in the US on October 28
- GIPHY CAM, the app you all need
- Galaxy Note 7 recall: You can now return your replacement, potential bomb
- Samsung may have just purchased tech for its own Google Assistant competitor
- Facebook is launching a stand-alone Events app | New marketplace selling feature too
- October’s Android security updates is rolling out
- Full list of Motorola devices getting Nougat update
- Poll: Do you use mobile payments?
- Xiaomi’s 4K-ready Mi Box with Android TV now available for $69
Weekly recap, recap by Droid Life.