It was a news-packed week the past few days, with most of the hypebeasting surrounding LG’s upcoming G3 announcement (taking place May 27), HTC’s alleged M8 “Prime,” and Samsung’s “Prime” device of their own.
Also making headlines was Verizon’s announcement of XLTE, T-Mobile’s lighting up of VoLTE in Seattle, Nest recalling 440K Protect units, Google toppling Apple as the world’s most valuable brand, and so much more.
We were also able to conduct Episode 59 of The DL Show, which was one of the more humorous shows we have had in a while. If you have not watched or listened to the show yet, I fully recommend it. With the three day weekend now beginning, we shall bid you au revoir and safe travels!
If you missed any of the action from this week, catch all of the highlights below.
- Watch: The Droid Life Show – Episode 59 [Subscribe]
- LG reportedly confirms G3 specs at secret Korean event.
- Verizon LG G3 render leaked.
- LG ramps up the G3 teasing with three new videos.
- Here are reported specs for the HTC M8 Prime.
- Full 360-degree render of HTC’s M8 “Prime” leaked.
- Could these be the first pictures of the Galaxy S5 Prime?
- Google developing tablet for Project Tango.
- Verizon announces XLTE. Here is where you can use it.
- VoLTE from T-Mobile now up and running in Seattle.
- T-Mobile Galaxy Note 3 and G Flex receive updates to turn on VoLTE.
- Verizon solidifies its own VoLTE plans, nationwide launch in coming months.
- Will the Moto 360 smartwatch cost only $249? Maybe not.
- NVIDIA no longer focused on the smartphone market.
- Nest issues recall for 440K Protect units.
- Google overtakes Apple as world’s most valuable brand.
- Secret app launched for Android.
- AT&T to acquire DirecTV for $48.5 billion.
- Samsung holds 71% of smartwatch market in Q1.
- Report claims there to be no Nexus 6 this year, Android Silver to launch next February.
- Was this our first look at the Galaxy S5 Active from Samsung?
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 to feature 4.7″ QHD display?
Have a fantastic weekend and holiday, folks.