Since the departure of Pete Alfonso and updates to his Bugless Beast ROM, folks have been on the search for a new minimal, stock AOSP build that brings smooth operation and vanilla Android feel. We received a few requests to make sure everyone new about a somewhat newcomer to the custom ROM scene called, Shiny.
The developer has been building multiple ROM’s from source, but this is his first published work for the toro Galaxy Nexus. It brings a complete OTA feel to the device, running Android 4.2.2. What will make this different from your stock firmware though is the replacement of the stock browser app with Google Chrome, the ROM is deodexed, comes with custom reboot options in the power menu, and more.
- Stock Android 4.2.2, build JDQ39
- Source (AOSP) built kernel (boot.img)
- Easily rootable (see information below)
- G-Apps (GMail, Play Store, etc.) included in build along with Nexus apps
- Stock browser replaced with Google Chrome
- Shiny restart options
- 4.2 wallpapers and sounds included
- Updated frequently
- Everything works!
If you are not for all of the crazy aesthetic changes that some ROMs bring and you just want a smooth operator (shout out to Sade), then check out Shiny.
For instructions on flashing and finding downloads, head on over to the forum thread by following the via below.