Well, the people have spoken and ASUS listened. Did you complain about WiFi and GPS problems with your ASUS Transformer Prime? The company has announced that an upgraded version of the quad-core tablet will be released fixing that problem while throwing in a few upgrades as well. The device features a new backplate which should increase wireless connectivity while also bumping the front camera to 2MP and adding in a higher resolution screen. The screen is now 1920 x 1200 and the new camera allows for HD video-chatting.
ASUS also announced the 7″ Eee Pad MeMO with a 1280 x 800 resolution packed on top of a 1.2GHz dual-core processor, that will run Android 4.0.1. The smaller media-centered tablet will come in 16GB and 32GB variations and will be available in the second quarter of 2012.
New Transformer Prime Specs:
- 10.1” Tablet with an emphasis on Entertainment, Media, Gaming and Productivity. Thin and Light chassis design with a 1080P capable display screen.
- MSRP – $599~$699 Availability – Q2 2012 in North America
- Processor- NVIDIA Tegra 3 Mobile Processor (1.3 GHz Quad core Cortex A9, 12 core GeForce GPU)
- Display – Brilliant 10.1” HD (1920×1200), 178 degrees ultra-wide viewing angle Super IPS+ panel display with Gorilla™ Glass
- Camera – Rear facing 8MP Auto-Focus camera with dedicated LED Flash, 2.0MP Front Facing camera for Video Chat
- Storage – 32GB or 64GB internal memory plus 8GB of ASUS Web Storage2
- Media Capabilities – 1080p MPEG-4/H.264 High Profile, High Bit Rate video decode and playback
- Media Capture – 1080p MPEG-4/H.264 video capture
- Connectivity - Wi-Fi – 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR technology
- Ports – 2-in-1 3.5mm jack, micro-HDMI output, microSD card reader
- Audio – Built-in stereo speakers, microphone
- Dimensions – 263 x 180.8 x 8.3mm, 586g
- Battery - 25WHr Lithium-Polymer Battery
Eee Pad Memo
- 7” Tablet with an emphasis on Entertainment, Media and Light Productivity. Thin and Light chassis design with Capacitive Stylus capabilities.
- MSRP – TBD
- Display - 7.0” WXGA, 1280 x 800 resolution, IPS panel with capacitive touch
- Processor- Qualcomm 8260 1.2GHz dual-core
- Memory- 1GB
- Storage- eMMC 16GB/32GB ; ASUS Webstorage options
- Connectivity- WLAN 802.11b/g/n , Bluetooth 2.1 +EDR
- Camera- 1.2MP Video Camera (front )/5MP Auto-Focus Camera (rear) (1080P recording)
- aGPS- Qualcomm GPS One
- Sensors- G-sensor; e-compass; Light sensor; Gyroscope, Proximity sensor
- Interface- Android 4.01
- Availability – Q2 2012 in North America