Shortly after Google I/O ended, I told myself that it was time to settle into the Android M preview, relax for the summer, and not think about the craziness of the Fall for a few weeks. That was foolish. Samsung more than likely moved up their Note 5 event (because of Apple) and Motorola is ready to rock out with the new new in just over a week. Our Summer is no longer relaxing – it’s all business. And you know what? I wouldn’t want it any other way because this is the fun stuff.
Over the last week, we saw signs of all of this, grabbed an invite from Motorola to their event on July 28, are also getting ready for the OnePlus 2 on July 27, and found the realness at the FCC for a number of new phones.
Be sure to catch up on it all below.
- Motorola event: New Moto goodness arrives on July 28.
- New Moto X: This could be it, along with the new Moto G | Other pics.
- Look at all this new Motorola goodness at the FCC.
- Note 5 event: Could be unveiled on August 12.
- Galaxy Note 5 and Galaxy S6 Edge+ are all over the FCC | Specs.
- Download: Cortana for Android.
- Poll: Huawei or LG Nexus?
- These could be some of the Huawei Nexus specs.
- This is how the OnePlus 2 invite system will work.
- Question: What are the uncommon apps you use regularly?
- ZTE Axon: ZTE announced a crazy-good sounding phone this week called the Axon.
- Goodbye, SIM cards: Apple and Samsung are close to joining the e-SIM movement.
- Marshall announced this really pretty phone, that you won’t buy.
- Samsung Pay is finally close!
- Amazon Prime Day pretty much sucked.
- T-Mobile announced a pretty cheap deal on their Family Plan.
- We broke news on visual voicemail coming to Android M.