Since you are in the doghouse for forgetting that today is all about your significant other, it’s time you catch up on all that happened during the week at Droid Life. We actually had a pretty busy week, which is a sign that things are about to really pick up for 2014. In other words, Samsung is about to take over with the Galaxy S5 on February 24, HTC will be right behind them with the One sequel, and LG is going to continue to try to whittle away at everyone else’s market share.
In terms of news this week, we busted out another quality DL Show that you won’t want to miss, especially since we are only one away from number 50. We also spent a bunch of time with Sony’s Xperia Z1 Compact, broke news on Verizon’s new data plans and the Nexus 7, learned that Lenovo’s CEO is quite optimistic with his purchase of Motorola, and are now enamored with a new live wallpaper from Roman Nurik.
Be sure to catch up, cupid.
- Watch: The Droid Life Show – Episode 49 [Subscribe]
- Hands-on: Sony’s Xperia Z1 Compact is pretty sweet.
- Home screens: Did you post yours this week?
- Verizon announced new MORE Everything plans | Full details.
- 9 things we could see at the Galaxy S5 event.
- Lenovo’s CEO thinks they can make Motorola profitable within a few quarters.
- Dennis Woodside will no longer be the CEO of Motorola; heads to Dropbox.
- T-Mobile’s JUMP! upgrade plan is giving you more upgrades, tablets included.
- HTC is committed to updating phones for 2 years going forward.
- They are also doing something with phone repairs next week.
- Poll: Galaxy S5 or the follow-up to the HTC One?
- LG already announced the G Pro 2 as its new flagship tablet-phone-mega-beast.
- Here are a bunch of app sales to take you into the weekend.
- AcDisplay will give non-Moto X devices Active Display. It’s awesome.
- Verizon is now selling the Nexus 7 (2013) with LTE.
- BBM 2.0 arrived on Android and actually includes some pretty cool features.
- Sprint’s Galaxy S4 is the first to get Kit Kat.
- Roman Nurik gave us the coolest live wallpaper ever. Seriously.
- What percentage of your phone is actual display?
- Goodbye, Flappy Bird.
Enjoy the roses.
Some of our best videos.