The Kit Kat (Android 4.4.2) update for the Galaxy S4 on Sprint has been approved and is ready to rollout beginning today. The update will run as build VPUFNAE, and that’s about all we know.
Here are the details from Sprint so far:
- Release date: 02/13/2013
- Version: JDQ39.L720VPUFNAE
- Android 4.4 (Kit Kat): The Samsung Galaxy S 4 device will be updated to support the Android 4.4 (Kit Kat) software.
- Prevention Information alert: Customers should no longer receive “Prevention Information – An application has been forced to stop for an unauthorized attempt to access system in your device. It may be safe to delete an application obtained from an unauthorized route. Check now?” alert messages on the device.
- Zact Mobile: Device now includes the Zact Mobile compatibility.
We’ll have more shortly and will update this post.
UPDATE: Here is the changelog from Samsung –
- OS upgrade to Android 4.4.2 (KitKat)
- New Lock Screen Access
- Media Controls – full-screen album art and media controls when listening to music
- Camera Shortcut – access the Camera application right from the lock screen
- SMS App Chooser – select a default application for sending and receiving SMS text messages
- Restyled Status and Navigation Bars – status and navigation bars are translucent and can sit on top of apps, along with simplified status bar icons
- Consolidated Location Settings – location services are integrated and more detailed by new Location menu
- Expanded Emoji Icons
- Wireless Printing – supports printing over Wi-Fi and Bluetooth