MWC 2018 is wrapped up, but it wasn’t without a bit of excitement. Samsung launched the Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9+ (which are now up for pre-order), Sony unveiled a couple of new phones that we hope make their way to the US somehow, we got our first potential look at the LG G7 aka Neo aka Judy, and we have confirmed that Notch-pocalypse is upon us. Brace yourselves.
Here are the big stories from this week that you won’t want to miss.
- WATCH: The Droid Life Show – Episode 166 “MWC Recap” [Subscribe]
- Galaxy S9: Samsung Galaxy S9, S9+ announced.
- Galaxy S9, S9+ pre-orders now live!
- Watch: First look and tour of Google Clips.
- Galaxy S9 overtakes Pixel 2 on DxOMark.
- Review: Huawei Mate 10 Pro.
- Sony unveils the Xperia XZ2 and XZ2 Compact.
- LG G7 Neo shown off with top notch.
copiesimproves the top notch.
- Huawei to introduce phones with top notch.
- Kellen: The top notch is just a blatant ripoff.
- Tim: I kinda dig the notch.
- Vivo concept phone solves the top botch issue altogether.
- Google I/O schedule is looking pretty solid so far.
- Essential Phone got a camera update, so we put it up against the Pixel 2 XL.
- Huawei confirms they will launch a Huawei Watch 3 at some point.
- LG makes the V30S ThinQ official, has lots of AI.
- Nokia announces family of new devices.
- Amazon buys Ring for more than $1 billion.
- 5G: T-Mobile starts detailing first cities that will see 5G.
- Sprint discussed 5G cities, too.
Have a fantastic weekend, all!