We had a blast this week debating the importance or usefulness of NFC, sharing our experience with Project Fi, and taking a look at our exclusive Galaxy Note 5 pictures, which are the best you have seen to date. We also sat down for another DL Show, cringed at all of the security news relating to Stagefright, saw a bunch of leaks (Nexus, Xperia SZ5, etc.), and even laughed at a hilarious video involving Apple fanboys getting excited about Android.
It was a busy week, but things are only going to get busier in the coming weeks. Be sure to catch up everything that was through the handy list of the best stories below. If you couldn’t follow along during the week, this is the best way to recap.
- WATCH: Droid Life Show, episode 88 [Subscribe]
- Stagefright News: Google, Samsung, LG, and Motorola talk updates.
- Exclusive: Galaxy Note 5 pictures.
- Verizon announced brand new data plans, also killed 2-year contracts.
- What it is like to spend a month with Google’s Project Fi.
- OnePlus 2: And here is what OnePlus had to say about the lack of NFC in the 2
- NFC: Near Future Consternation [Opinion]
- Factory images: Here are the Stagefright updates for Nexus devices.
- This could be the new Xperia Z5 and Z5 Compact.
- These two new Sony phones look great, but you won’t be able to buy them.
- Is this the Huawei Nexus?
- Here is the Nexus 6 with a fingerprint scanner.
- HTC is having a rough week: About to cut workforce, and spammed unwanted ads to customers.
- Apple is hiring engineers to build “exciting new mobile products” on Android.
- Speaking of Apple, this Apple fanboy video is hilarious.
- Here are the latest Android distribution numbers.
- App Deals: This week’s list!
- The Moto Maker options for the new Moto X Pure Edition.
- FYI: The OnePlus 2 doesn’t work on Verizon.
Best burger spot in your home town is…?