Back in December, beta testers for Pebble were treated to Android Wear notifications, but now, the software is exiting beta, ready for everyone’s consumption. In the 2.3.0 Release Notes, Pebble brings Android Wear notifications which requires firmware version 2.9+, while also providing user-defined replies to messages.
In addition, the Pebble team issues fixes for WhatsApp notifications, stability improvements, and support for Android 4.0+ devices.
As stated on Pebble’s blog post, firmware version 2.9 adds support for the aforementioned actionable notifications and Android Wear compatibility for Pebbles paired with phones running Android 4.0+ or higher.
The changelog is quite large, but for all of the details, be sure to read their entire blog post.
- Android Wear Notifications: Reply and act on Android Wear notifications (requires Firmware v2.9+). Note: To respond to Hangouts notifications, the Android Wear app must be installed on your phone.
- Pebbler-defined replies: Set your own replies to notifications (up to five, so get creative, buddy!).
- Reply from Pebble using most Android-compatible SMS messaging apps.
- Automatic app and watchface updates when Pebble is idle.
- Support for Android 4.0+ devices.
- Fixed Issues with Whatsapp notifications.
- UTF-8 support in PebbleKit JS.
- Bug fixes and stability improvements.