MWC is coming, folks! After this week, we only have one more week to get through and then it’s officially Galaxy S9 season, thanks to other Android OEMs apparently unwilling to go head-to-head with Samsung in Barcelona. Not that I blame any of them, but it would be nice to see a whole bunch of new phones announced, not just the S9 and S9+.
Besides the Galaxy S9 hype, we learned that LG could be waiting until June to release Judy, the codename for its 2018 flagship device. That’s quite a wait, but fingers crossed it’s worth it. We also determined that Google’s Pixel 2 XL is our iPhone, a lovely piece by Kellex that I highly recommend you check out.
Here’s everything you don’t want to miss from this week.
- LG plans to launch 2018 flagship in June.
- LG will indeed launch an updated V30 with AI camera features.
- The Pixel 2 XL is my iPhone.
- Samsung halts overseas Oreo update due to reboot bug.
- Samsung can’t stop hyping the Galaxy S9’s camera(s).
- Report says the Galaxy S9 will have dual speakers.
- Android P’s only hope is to add top notch support like on the iPhone X.
- Samsung exec behind Bixby just left for Google.
- YouTube TV picks up Turner networks, but new customers will soon see a higher price.
- Essential Phone getting three new colors.
- Essential’s new Halo Gray color now available on Amazon.
- Alto’s Odyssey launches later this month for iOS, probably much later for Android.
- HTC’s smartphone boss resigns.
- US government recommends you don’t use ZTE and Huawei devices.
- So, yeah, don’t believe any Mate 10 Pro reviews on Best Buy.
- No, Google. Just no.
Have a fantastic weekend, everyone. Peace!