It was a very busy week for Android, as MWC brought a ton of news, including new devices from Samsung and HTC. With the unveilings of the Galaxy S6, S6 Edge, and One M9 taking place, we can finally stop talking about rumors and focus on more important things – like more rumors about the LG G4 and the upcoming Google I/O in May. The hypebeast never sleeps.
On top of new flagships, we have the G Flex 2 in house which Kellen took for a quick spin in an unboxing video, NVIDIA announced the SHIELD console/set-top box, Huawei announced the Huawei Watch running Android Wear, and everyone is in love with HTC’s new Vive VR headset.
To catch up on the best Android news of the past week, we have a collection of stories for you below.
- Watch: The Droid Life Show – Episode 79 [Subscribe]
- Video: LG G Flex 2 unboxing and tour.
- Samsung announces the Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 Edge.
- HTC announces the One M9.
- HTC unveils Vive, its own VR Headset.
- Samsung shows off Samsung Pay, a mobile payments method.
- Fitness: HTC announces the Grip, its smartband made in partnership with Under Armour.
- Samsung to take a break from releasing smartwatches.
- LG exec talks upcoming G4, plus future ultra premium device.
- Google’s wireless service may only work with the Nexus 6.
- Gaming: NVIDIA announces SHIELD, an Android TV-powered set-top box.
- Softcard to shut down on March 31.
- Huawei might be the next Nexus maker.
- Processors: Qualcomm announces the Snapdragon 820, Zeroth platform.
Have a great weekend, folks!
Some of our best videos.