Google doesn’t seem to want to improve Wear OS much, so its partners have started to add features that the platform should have gained long ago. We’re talking about features like those new battery modes that Fossil just gave us or the sleep tracking feature Mobvoi is introducing today. That’s right, Mobvoi Wear OS watches are gaining sleep tracking.
Mobvoi tells us that the Ticwatch Pro BT and Ticwatch Pro 4G/LTE are both getting access to their new sleep tracking feature, as well as the new TicSleep app. I’m assuming other Mobvoi watches will join in with sleep tracking before long, they just haven’t told us when.
For features, Mobvoi’s TicSleep uses AI and your watch’s heartrate monitor to try and automatically detect and track sleep. You’ll get insights each morning that shows the type of sleep you are getting and for how long you stay in each stage. You’ll even get historical data to see if there are sleep changes between weeks.
Here are the features Mobvoi shared with us:
- Proactive Sleep Tracking: Utilizing artificial intelligence, TicSleep automatically detects and tracks your sleep without manually tapping any buttons. You can gain insight into your sleep by simply wearing your TicWatch to bed
- Sleep Cycle Tracking with Heart Rate Monitor: Using the rich sensors from the TicWatch Pro line of smartwatches, your TicWatch provides you with insights into your sleep cycles and delivers an in-depth analysis of the time you spent sleeping, along with your heart rate during every stage of your sleep cycle. You can review your sleep cycle from the TicSleep watch face and more in the Mobvoi smartphone app
- TicSleep Watch App Interface: To stay on track with your sleep conditions, the TicSleep watch app interface allows you to see your last night’s total sleep time and compare it with your 7-day weekly average. You can also keep track of your sleep cycle and sleeping heart rate directly from your watch face
- Smart alarm: TicSleep monitors your sleep cycle and wakes you with a subtle, customizable vibration while you’re in a state of light sleep
- Sleep data history: Aside from just getting daily briefings on your sleep condition, you can view your historical sleep data and track any changes in your sleep cycle on a weekly basis.
Again, to start, TicSleep is available on the Ticwatch Pro BT and Pro 4G/LTE. You can download it at through the link below.
Google Play Link