We usually close shop for the weekends, but thanks to MWC, we’ll be working hard starting Sunday morning. We’re expecting a good amount of news coming out of Barcelona this weekend, including the announcement of Samsung’s Galaxy S9 and S9+, Sony’s new lineup of devices, plus possibly some more news from Google. Good times inbound.
Here are the goods from this week.
- Watch: Droid Life Show – “Sony, Let’s Do This” [Subscribe]
- The Sony Xperia XZ2 is looking pretty good.
- Android P: Android P could have a native Dark Mode.
- HTC: HTC lays off “large portion” of US workforce.
- Google announces new things for Google Assistant.
- Android manufacturers are really bad software updates.
- Galaxy S9: Galaxy S9 and S9+ might be expensive, but that’s no surprise.
- Opinion: Android One is the new Google Play Edition.
- Developers, you can now start working with ARCore.
- Swype: RIP, Swype.
- #IO2018: Application process for Google I/O 2018 is now open!
- Google is at MWC and here’s what they’ve announced so far.
- Nest Aware price cut to $5/month.
- Google Pay update rolling out to Android Pay.
- AT&T announces first cities in US to get mobile 5G.
- Snapdragon 845 lets you wirelessly stream music to multiple headsets, speakers.
We’ll catch you this weekend, folks!
Some of our best videos.