Just as we expected, life at DL now revolves around the Samsung Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+. Is that a bad thing, though? If you aren’t a fan of this phone it may seem like it, but don’t worry, once another hot new smartphone hits the market, our attention will be diverted yet again.
This week, we posted up our unboxing for the Galaxy S8 and S8+, checked out a lot of different cases (we’re giving them away, too!), and also posted reviews for the Moto G5 Plus and Huawei Watch 2. Believe me, there was a lot of non-Galaxy S8 action taking place as well. We got our first possible look at the HTC U (aka U 11), Google Home gained multi-user support, and Verizon learned that unlimited data plans are very, very good for business.
Here’s all of the action you don’t want to miss.
- Watch: The Droid Life Show – Episode 140 [Subscribe]
- Video: Galaxy S8, Galaxy S8+ unboxing.
- Video: First 10 things to do on the Galaxy S8 and S8+.
- Video: Few of the best Galaxy S8 cases worth checking out.
- Giveaway: Big time Galaxy S8, S8+ case giveaway.
- Review: Huawei Watch 2.
- Review: Moto G5 Plus.
- T-Mobile, Verizon Galaxy S8 and S8+ receiving day one update.
- HTC U: HTC U will be announced on May 16.
- This is the HTC U aka U 11.
- Pressure sensitive home button on the Galaxy S8 is awesome.
- Google Home gains multi-user support.
- Report: Google Chrome to receive ad blocker to kill bad ads.
- Verizon had a rough quarter, but was saved by re-intro of unlimited plans.
- Android Wear 2.0 updates are coming next week or maybe by the end of May.
- Instagram for Android now has an offline mode.
- You can now add your PayPal account to Android Pay.
- Verizon’s Wear24 Android Wear watch arrives May 11.
Have a great weekend, folks!