Wow, what a week this was. From OnePlus 2 and new Motorola devices to confirmation of Samsung’s arriving in a couple of weeks, the summer just got busier than expected. We also found out about a pretty scary security hole in Android that affects almost all devices, saw lots of evidence of a new Moto 360, and finally answered your questions from last week’s Q&A session.
Be sure to catch up on everything, because there was a lot going on. From hands-on time with numerous devices, to specs lists, to missing features, pricing and availability, you’ll want to know all that happened as we move forward into review periods. You may have a new phone in your future and this is the time to learn everything about what’s on the horizon.
Everything you need to know is linked below.
- WATCH: DL Show episode 87. [Subscribe]
- Opinion: Motorola needs to succeed with the new Moto X.
- Moto X Pure Edition: Hardware tour | vs. Moto X (2nd gen) | Carriers | Confusion.
- Unboxing: New Moto G (3rd gen)!
- Specs: OnePlus 2 | Moto X Pure Edition (“Style”) | Moto X Play | Moto G (3rd gen).
- OnePlus 2: Software | Hardware | vs. OnePlus One | Price
- OnePlus 2’s fingerprint scanner is super fast.
- Galaxy Note 5: Samsung is hosting an event on August 13.
- Nexus: Is this our first look at the LG Nexus’ backside?
- Poll: OnePlus 2 or Moto X Pure Edition?
- Poll: Would you buy a phone without NFC?
- New Moto 360 likely stopped off at the FCC this week. As did its charger.
- Android M Preview 3 has been delayed.
- NVIDIA issued a recall on the SHIELD Tablet.
- Samsung watch: Will have a rotating bezel.
- Weekend app sales.
- Angry Birds 2 (yes, 2) is now available.
- Verizon lit up six new XLTE markets this week.
- YouTube and Google+ break-up.
- Stagefright vulnerability is actually scary and probably affects your phone.
- Q&A: Our answers from last week’s questions.
If we don’t show up on Monday, look for the puddle of DL pink melted all over Portland, aka the new desert.
Some of our best videos.