Wow, what a week this was. From OnePlus 2 and new Motorola devices to confirmation of Samsung’s arriving in a couple of weeks, the summer just got busier than expected. We also found out about a pretty scary security hole in Android that affects almost all devices, saw lots of evidence of a new Moto 360, and finally answered your questions from last week’s Q&A session.
Be sure to catch up on everything, because there was a lot going on. From hands-on time with numerous devices, to specs lists, to missing features, pricing and availability, you’ll want to know all that happened as we move forward into review periods. You may have a new phone in your future and this is the time to learn everything about what’s on the horizon.
Everything you need to know is linked below.
- WATCH: DL Show episode 87. [Subscribe]
- Opinion: Motorola needs to succeed with the new Moto X.
- Moto X Pure Edition: Hardware tour | vs. Moto X (2nd gen) | Carriers | Confusion.
- Unboxing: New Moto G (3rd gen)!
- Specs: OnePlus 2 | Moto X Pure Edition (“Style”) | Moto X Play | Moto G (3rd gen).
- OnePlus 2: Software | Hardware | vs. OnePlus One | Price
- OnePlus 2’s fingerprint scanner is super fast.
- Galaxy Note 5: Samsung is hosting an event on August 13.
- Nexus: Is this our first look at the LG Nexus’ backside?
- Poll: OnePlus 2 or Moto X Pure Edition?
- Poll: Would you buy a phone without NFC?
- New Moto 360 likely stopped off at the FCC this week. As did its charger.
- Android M Preview 3 has been delayed.
- NVIDIA issued a recall on the SHIELD Tablet.
- Samsung watch: Will have a rotating bezel.
- Weekend app sales.
- Angry Birds 2 (yes, 2) is now available.
- Verizon lit up six new XLTE markets this week.
- YouTube and Google+ break-up.
- Stagefright vulnerability is actually scary and probably affects your phone.
- Q&A: Our answers from last week’s questions.
If we don’t show up on Monday, look for the puddle of DL pink melted all over Portland, aka the new desert.