Our time in Vegas for CES 2014 has come to a close, folks. Things were slow on the mobile front, as they have come to be during one of the biggest tech shows on the planet, but we still had a great time and managed to get our hands on a few things here and there. New trends were made clear, carriers went to battle, and the phone manufacturers we all care about continued to save their big announcements for their own events as to not share any spotlight.
In case you missed any of our coverage, we’ve compiled some of the highlights for you below.
- Poor Michael Bay.
- Pebble Steel announced as the metal, premium edition of Pebble.
- Video: Quick look at the Sony Xperia Z1 Compact and Z1s.
- Video: Quick look at the LG G Flex.
- Video: Quick look at Samsung’s TabPRO 8.4, NotePRO 12.2, and Kit Kat TouchWiz.
- Video: Quick look at the Galaxy Camera 2.
- T-Mobile continued its UnCarrier movement by killing the ETF.
- AT&T announced the Padfone X and HD Voice.
- HTC One in 18K gold. Yes, that kind of gold.
- NVIDIA announces the 192-core Tegra K1 mobile processor.
- Vizio announced Bluetooth speakers with actual touchscreen Android devices in them.
As a programming note, that also means we are traveling today, so things could be a bit slower around here than you are normally accustomed to. We will have a bigger CES recap with some additional thoughts on all that happened in the coming days.
Some of our best videos.