Another one bites the dust. And another one gone, and another one gone. Another one bites the dust. We are counting down the days left in December, as January and 2014 are quickly creeping up on us. This week was filled with news, the biggest being that Motorola finally launched a wood back for the Moto X. Sure, it’s only Bamboo for now, but we have our fingers crossed that additional “Natural” backs will come soon.
Beyond Moto, we got our hands on the new BLU Pure Life smartphone, got through an Android Accessory Roundup (some good holiday gift ideas in there), took your guesses at what T-Mobile could do with the UnCarrier 4.0 initiative, and got a chuckle out of the latest Galaxy S5 with iris scanner rumor. All in all, it was a pretty great week.
Here is the list of highlights if you missed anything.
- Watch: The Droid Life Show – Episode 45 [Subscribe]
- The DL staff highlights the top moments in Android from 2013.
- Unboxing and Hands-on: BLU Pure Life
- Check out our Android Accessory Roundup.
- Motorola releases Bamboo wood back for Moto X. He is risen.
- NVIDIA SHIELD priced to sell at just $249.
- Here’s a helpful list of apps that work with Android 4.4 Immersive Mode.
- Solving Advertising Revenue on Android [Opinion]
- Moto G already receiving Kit Kat update, shames other OEMs.
- DROID MAXX, ULTRA, and Mini receive Kit Kat update.
- ROM Manager, a landmark in the Android ecosystem, was pulled from Google Play.
- T-Mobile teases UnCarrier 4.0.
- Will the Galaxy S5 sport an iris scanner?
- LG unveils the Chromebase desktop computer with Chrome OS.
- Press render leaked for Sprint LG G Flex.
- Google’s new EnergySense to power Smart Thermostats – here’s what we know so far.
Have a great weekend, folks! Happy holidays!