We are now less than two weeks away from X-mas, three from New Years, and four from CES. Can you believe how quickly this year went? As we inch closer to 2014, another week has wrapped here at the DL offices, a week that included the arrival of new Google Play Edition devices, a review of the One Max, all sorts of Google app updates, and another DL show in the bag. Things never seem to slow down around here, but we wouldn’t have it any other way.
If you missed anything, we have given you the highlights below.
- Watch: The Droid Life Show episode 44 [Subscribe]
- Video: LG G Pad 8.3 Google Play Edition Unboxing
- Google also released a white Nexus 7 and a Sony Z Ultra GPE.
- Quick review: HTC One Max
- Volume 17 of the DL Q&A Sessions.
- Did you notice the new holiday boot animation on your Moto X?
- 10 new apps gain Chromecast support.
- Instagram introduces direct photo and video messages. [Download]
- Will Sprint make a bid for T-Mobile?
- FCC and carriers reach agreement on unlocking phones, but nothing is new.
- Google plans to kill the “Display images below” button in Gmail.
- Gmail on Android also received a really nice update.
- Google Maps now has Gmail integration, is awesome.
- Be sure to install the Android Device Manager on all of your devices.
- All of the Android 4.4.2 factory images are now available.
- Angry Birds GO! is fun, if “fun” involves $100s in in-app purchases.
Enjoy your weekend. Drive safely. Treat yourself.
Collapse Show Comments