Man, talk about a packed week! With news getting tossed around for all of the major OEMs, I would say it was a pretty great week to be an Android fan. With the launch of the Google Play Edition devices onto Google Play, it would appear we are also getting very close to the launch of a new version of Android.
On top of that fun, there is talks of an Android-powered gaming unit from Google, we got a brand new logo for Motorola (“a Google company”) and I got to fly around a AR Drone 2.0 with NVIDIA’s SHIELD. Yep, I’d say it say it was a good week.
If you missed any of the highlights, check them out below.
- Watch: The Droid Life Show Episode 29 [Subscribe]
- NVIDIA delays SHIELD launch, we proceed to unbox it!
- Video: We get to fly around the Parrot AR Drone 2.0 with the help of SHIELD.
- Verizon to begin selling the Galaxy S4 in 32GB tomorrow.
- First look at the supposed G2 device from LG.
- Google launches the Google Play Edition Galaxy S4 and HTC One.
- Motorola unveils new logo.
- Verizon and Motorola teaming up for DROID RAZR Ultra and M Ultra?
- The red HTC One is real, headed to the UK first.
- Download: New stock camera app from Google Play Edition devices.
- Android 4.3 ROM leaks for the Galaxy S4 Google Play Edition.
- Vine for Android got updated, brings features it needed since day one.
- WSJ claims Google is working on a gaming device, goes along with our previous report from May.
- T-Mobile is planning some big press event, promises some bold moves.
- Facebook launched a beta program for their Android app.
- Verizon begins talks of LTE-only devices, along with VoLTE.
Stay cool out there, folks!