New LTE and 3G radios have been leaked within the last few hours along with a new bootloader for the Galaxy Nexus on Verizon. It’ll be tough to tell with Big Red’s 4G network having issues across the country, but these should help to improve your signal strength and call quality.
*You need to have an unlocked bootloader and should probably be rooted so that you can make a backup first. You can get all of the information to do this in our Guide to the Galaxy Nexus.
*Warning – Flashing these files while the network is having issue may not be the best idea just yet. I’m sure after doing so that your phone will have to resync itself with the network and that could pose a problem, basically leaving you without data. These files aren’t going anywhere, so you may want to wait just a bit before doing this.
1. Download the file from above and drop it on your SD card.
2. If you have not permanently installed recovery, head into ROM Manager and flash a recovery again.
3. When that finishes, reboot into recovery.
4. Scroll down to “backup and restore” and select it. Then choose “backup” to make a backup.
5. When that finishes choose “install zip from sdcard.”
6. Then “choose zip from sdcard.”
7. Locate the “403radios_btldr.zip” that you downloaded and select it. Choose “yes” to install it.
8. Recovery will now flash the .zip file which will give you updated radios (3G and 4G) and a new bootloader.
*If you are watching your screen during this process, you may notice that it appears to freeze up during the LTE portion. Just be patient and let it finish – do not battery pull.
9. Reboot your phone and head into the About screen to check for the new EK06 and EK04 radios.