When Google unveiled Google Home Hub, it was announced with a few features that aren’t available to all Smart Displays, notably Nest Hello video feeds, multi-room audio support, Home View dashboard, and more. This week, Lenovo announced that it is sending all of this awesomeness out to existing 8″ and 10″ Smart Display model owners over the next few weeks.
Labeled as version 3.63.43, the updates will carry quite a few new things. Here’s the entire changelog from Lenovo.
- With multi-room audio, you can add your Smart Display to a speaker group and play music throughout the house.
- With Live Albums from Google Photos, your Ambient Mode will always show off the best photos of your favorite people and pets without you having to curate them. It will also make sure to pick your best photos, so that receipts, screenshots, duplicates, and blurry or sensitive photos will not appear on your Smart Display.
- With Nest Hello Doorbell, your Smart Display will now show who is at the door when someone rings, and allows you to send quick responses.
- With Home View, you can see and control all of your smart home devices in a single dashboard by swiping down from the top edge of your Smart Display.
- Your Google Assistant can now also control many popular media and entertainment devices, including TVs (Hisense, Philips, Sharp,Sony, Vizio, Xiaomi), set top boxes (Dish, Foxtel, nVidia Shield, Sling, Vodafone), speakers (Denon), smart remotes (Logitech Harmony) with many more coming soon from Caavo, LG, Panasonic, Roku®, Telus, and Telstra. Enjoy universal controls to power devices on and off, adjust playback/volume, and browse a visual channel guide—all by touch or by voice on your Smart Display.
Again, Lenovo says this update will be rolling out over the next few weeks.
Some of our best videos.