This week in the world of Android news, the Pixel C made its public debut through the Google Store, with our review currently in the works. We did more reflecting, giving five reasons to purchase both the Nexus 5X and Moto X Pure Edition, just in case you have yet to upgrade your phone to something from 2015. HTC gave us a timeframe for its launch of the Vive, TAG says its Android Wear smartwatch is selling very well, and Google launched its long-awaited Family Plans for Google Play Music.
Be sure to catch up on this week’s news before Monday rolls around.
- Video: Pixel C unboxing and tour.
- 5 Reasons: To buy the Nexus 5X.
- 5 Reasons: To buy the Moto X Pure Edition.
- Specs: Pixel C.
- Here’s how you sign up for Play Music family plans.
- HTC plans to launch Vive next year in April.
- Instagram introduced a “peek” feature, then pulled it.
- Android 6.0.1 factory images available for Nexus devices.
- Dropbox is shutting down Mailbox.
- TAG Heuer Connected selling quite well.
- Fossil Q Founder smartwatch available for purchase on Google Play.
- Samsung Gear S2 won’t support Samsung Pay until next year.
- You can purchase Nova Launcher Prime for just $1 right now.
- LA and Chicago being explored for Google Fiber.
- Verizon has exclusive Star Wars Turbo 2 devices.
- DROID Turbo 2 receiving soak test update, could it be Marshmallow?
- Google shutting down Chrome to Phone app next year.
- Google’s Now on Tap gained a very cool feature.
Have a great weekend, folks!