It was an action-packed week for the world of Android, with Samsung’s Galaxy Note 3 and Galaxy Gear hitting shelves, plus some news popping up for the upcoming Nexus smartphone from Google. We posted our Note 3 review, and we got some quality hands-on time with the Galaxy Gear, with a full review coming sometime in the very near future. As for other news that doesn’t center around Samsung, Android 4.3.1 began hitting new Nexus 7 4G LTE devices, and we learned that Instagram is bringing ads to our feeds.
If you missed any of this week’s top stories, we have highlighted them down below.
- Watch: Droid Life Show – Episode 37 [Subscribe]
- Review: Samsung Galaxy Note 3
- Hands-on and Overview: Samsung Galaxy Gear
- Video: A look at a few apps for the Galaxy Gear.
- Video: 30+ tips and tricks for the Galaxy Note 3.
- Did we just get another look at the upcoming Nexus 5?
- Android 4.3.1 rolling out to new Nexus 7 4G LTE.
- Additional images of early Android 4.4 screenshots leak.
- AT&T Moto X getting the much needed camera software update today.
- Microsoft in talks with HTC to load Windows Phone alongside Android?
- Instagram is bringing ads to your feed.
- Samsung launches HomeSync, a Google TV-like set-top box.
- Target’s Brightspot prepaid plans we leaked became official.
- Android’s distro numbers updated, Jelly Bean hits nearly 50% of all devices.
- Will the Nexus 5 feature a MEMS camera?
- Samsung could announce its curved display-toting device next week.
- Android tablets finally outsold the iPad during Q2 of 2013.
Have a great and relaxing weekend, folks!
Some of our best videos.