Alright people, I know you are all having issues using ROM Manager to return to stock. At this time, we just have a manual method for completing this task, but the steps I’m about to layout definitely work. In fact, I just went through this to make sure it works and everything was as smooth as a baby’s you-know-what (Sorry no video this time). Please follow these steps to a T and you should be fine.
And don’t forget that if you receive your 2.1 OTA update notification, to follow these steps so that we can capture the update.zip!
Update: This is for those of you running into both issues with ROM Manager and DM Updater.
1. First, if you have an update.zip on you SD card please remove it from your root.
2. If you have update-stock.zip already on your SD card, great. You can skip step 3.
3. If you don’t have update-stock.zip you can download it through ROM Manager or from here:
Download ROM>Stock Images>Verizon Droid 2.0.1 Stock. When it finishes downloading, DO NOT “wipe data and cache” or make a backup, simply cancel out of everything. The file should now be downloaded to your SD card in the folder:
4. Place update-stock.zip in the root of your SD card and rename it to update.zip.
5. Open ROM Manager and flash the “alternate recovery” aka SPRecovery.
6. When finished, boot into recovery (Power + X).
7. Choose the option to “allow sd card installation.”
8. Then choose the option to “install” and then “Install /sdcard/update.zip”.
9. Assuming it finishes, hit the power button once to return to the previous screen and reboot.
10. When it boots, go into Settings>About and make sure you are now on 2.0.1.
(IF YOU ARE NOT BACK TO 2.0.1 DO NOT GO ON TO THE NEXT STEP.)
11. If you are back to 2.0.1 boot back into recovery (Power + X) and choose “wipe data/factory reset.” Scroll down and choose “Yes.”
12. You are now done.
*Note 1* – If you cannot flash SPRecovery in ROM Manager, please follow these instructions for manual installation. When it asks you to download the newest SPRecovery, use this version. (alt link)
*Note 2* – If you cannot get ROM Manager to download update-stock.zip you can download it here.
*Note 3* – DO NOT PERFORM A FACTORY RESET AT ANYTIME UNLESS I TELL YOU TO! 🙂