The following instructions will greatly help out the rest of the Droid community who does not want to wait over the next few days for the update to randomly arrive on their device. If you follow them, you will be able to capture the update file and spread the love with the rest of us!
1. You will first see this message appear on your phone if you are one of the testers:
-Press “Install Now.”
2. The update will then download in the background.
3. The following message will then appear:
-You may press the home button but DO NOT PRESS “Restart & Install!”
4. Plug your phone into your computer and mount your SD card. You should now be able to browse the contents of your SD card.
5. On the root of your SD card, you will see a file called “update.zip”. Copy that file to somewhere on your computer like the desktop. It should be about 15MB in size.
6. Finally, upload it to a file sharing site and post the link to it on this thread.
7. Now, you can now continue the update like normal. To get back to the “Restart and Install” menu as seen above, navigate to Setting> About Phone> System Updates.”
Collapse Show Comments