Oh, what a week it was. The Samsung Galaxy S4 is official, folks. We’ve weighed in with our initial impressions, as have you throughout a variety of posts from our coverage last night. It’s officially…a mixed bag. A polarizing one, though, that we can’t wait to spend some quality time with.
Outside of the GS4, there was all sorts of drama from Andy Rubin leaving Android to an HTC One delay. Be sure to cruise through the recap to stay up to date:
- Watch: The Droid Life Show Episode 19 [Subscribe]
- Galaxy S4 finally announced by Samsung.
- DL Reacts: The team’s initial impressions of Samsung’s new flagship.
- Galaxy S3 and Note 2 will see upgrades with new Galaxy S4 features.
- Poll: Are you buying the Galaxy S4?
- Video: Hardware and software tours, plus a gallery of the Galaxy S4.
- Video: Comparison between the Galaxy S4, Galaxy S4, Note 2, and Nexus 4.
- Video: A look at Samsung’s new Bluetooth gaming controller.
- You can re-watch the entire Samsung event if you missed it.
- Spec comparisons: Galaxy S4 vs. other Galaxy devices | vs. iPhone 5, One, etc.
- HTC embarrassed themselves after the GS4 announcement in all sorts of ways.
- DROID RAZR HD has a new update on the way, filled with improvements.
- Is the HTC One arriving at Verizon this Month? | More
- LG wins the award for best Galaxy S4 troll job.
- Google is killing Google Reader in July. Yes, that Google Reader.
- Andy Rubin is leaving the Android team | Pens letter to partners
- Google has killed off ad-blockers in Google Play.
- Google I/O sold out in about 45 minutes.
- A new Motorola device has leaked and it looks all sorts of sexy.
- HTC announced the One Developer Edition for $649.
- The Launch of the One is apparently delayed until April.
And that’s the week! Clearly, the Galaxy S4 was the focus, but there were a number of other major stories this week. The next few should be very interesting, especially as Motorola nears the launch of something, while HTC and Samsung prepare final release rollouts. Enjoy your weekend.