Plex announced that an update featuring a refreshed UI and new features has exited beta for Android users and is now rolling out.
Inside, the updated look offers a new video UI, the same as what’s available currently for music playback. In addition, folks running a compatible version of Android will now see picture-in-picture available.
Here’s the full list of highlights, straight from Plex.
- Updated UI – Experience video with the same elegant user interface as music
- Picture-in-Picture – Press the home button during video playback to enter PIP mode. Enjoy other apps or browse through your Plex library while continuing to watch videos
- Better Seeking – Scrub along the seekbar by dragging to see a thumbnail preview (note this requires that previews be enabled in your Plex Media Server) OR double tap the left or right side of the video to seek backwards or forwards quickly
- New Viewing Modes – Change the display mode to fill, stretch and show the video at original size (under Playback Settings > Display Mode). Watch videos with your phone in portrait, landscape-lock can be used to keep landscape only mode (under Playback Settings > Lock to Landscape)
- Chapters – Jump ahead or skip back to your favorite chapter without digging. around for the right spot
- Preload Next Videos – When the countdown takes place on the post-play, the next video in your play-queue begins to buffer for an instant start
Go grab that update, Plex fans.