An OxygenOS beta update for the OnePlus 3 and OnePlus 3T is rolling out, available to anyone and everyone who is willing to give it a try. Inside, there is a long list of changes, including Ambient Display 2.0, a sharing functionality for “Shot on OnePlus,” as well as an exclusive OnePlus font.
On top of new features, you should also see UI changes for select applications, including Gallery, Recorder, Weather, and File Manager. You will also find enhanced launching speeds for 3rd-party applications, plus the May 1 security patch to ensure your goodies are safe.
If you are interested in signing yourself up for this open beta, head on over to the OnePlus downloads section to get started. Do note, it involves the manual flashing of files, and if at any time you’d like to return to a public release, you’ll need to completely wipe your device.
Here is the big ol’ list of changes in the latest open beta.
- New additions:
- Ambient display 2.0
- Lift up display
- Sharing functionality for Shot on OnePlus
- All new OnePlus Font (Available in English, Chinese, and Japanese only)
- UI Improvements:
- Gallery v1.7
- Recorder v1.6
- Weather v1.7
- File Manager v1.7
- Other UI refinements
- Enhanced launching speed of 3rd-party apps
- Optimized management of foreground and background processes
- Other changes:
- Setup wizard adjusted to suit the style of Android 7.1
- Refined contact import process from SIM card, now supports dual numbers and an email address
- Automatically add corresponding country codes when making calls during roaming
- Updated Android Security Patch level to 1st May 2017
Some of our best videos.