Following in the footsteps of Action Launcher 3, Nova Launcher Beta has now been updated to bring that Pixel Launcher flavor as well. That means you get an app drawer that can be swiped into, an arrow indicator to remind you to swipe, transparent tinting of the dock area, proper Pixel folder icons, and the new Google Search pill with calendar.
I’ve got it all setup in the image above, but Kevin Barry (Nova Launcher creator) offers up the following instructions to get you into a similar look. Oh, I added a final step to get your folders looking just right as well.
Pixel Launcher setup:
- Drawer > Swipe to open
- Drawer > Card Background > Off
- Drawer > Background Color > White
- Desktop > Indicators > Page Indicator > Line
- Desktop > Indicators > Swipe to drawer indicator
- Dock > Background > Rectangle, White, Transparent, behind navbar
- Folder > Folder Background > N Preview
As for the rest of the update, the full changelog is below. This beta includes a new search view, “timeout” screen lock option, “double-tap-swipe” gestures, an integrated search bar in the drawer, and more. So yep, it’s much more than just the Pixel Launcher update.
- 5.0-beta1 Sept 15
- Swipe to open drawer (a la Pixel Launcher)
- New Pixel Launcher style searchbar
- New search view, with tabs for Frequent, Recent ad New/Updated apps
- New “Timeout” screen lock method
- New double-tap-swipe gestures
- Integrated searchbar into drawer (card and immersive)
- Option for dock backgrounds to draw under navbar
- Nougat fixes and optimizations
- Improve interactions with KLWP
To grab the latest beta, be sure you have opted-in at the Play link below.