We’re most certainly deep in the summer, if you couldn’t tell, because the news cycle is slowing as we get ready for the big fall-holiday push. While the Galaxy Note 7 is on the way (one week away!), we still are waiting to hear Google’s plans, as well as Apple’s and whoever else needs to try and make an end-of-year splash.
So yeah, things are slow and that meant we didn’t have any major news this week outside of LG announcing a quad DAC, Logitech giving us a sweet new smart home product, and Facebook attempting to attack ad blockers (good luck!).
Be sure to catch up on anything you missed!
- Pokemon GO: The beta just got a super sweet new tracker
- Galaxy Note 7 pre-orders might be biggest ever for Galaxy phone
- Galaxy Note 7 could get Android Nougat in 2-3 months
- AT&T’s new GoPhone family plans aren’t a bad value
- Poll: What do you think about removable batteries?
- LG V20 will have a quad DAC inside
- LG V20 might also look like this, though we hope not
- HTC 10 seems to have been abandoned by T-Mobile after 2 months
- Holy shit: Look at this $6,700 B&O 4K Android TV
- Samsung likely has new Gear watches to show off at IFA
- Logitech Pop looks like a winning smart home solution
- Motorola walks us through the 2-year Moto Mods process
- Inbox got sweet new Trello and Github integration this week
- Skully was another crowndfunded scam with a juicy collapse story about strip clubs
- ZenWatch 3 might be round!
- App: Netflix releases Fast speedtest app (and you should download it)
- Facebook thinks it can bypass ad blockers and we wish them luck
- Google Maps added WiFi mode and maps-to-SD-cards
- Quadrooter: This is another mostly-bullshit security bug you don’t have to worry about
Try to avoid melting out there.
Some of our best videos.