It was a big week in Android, but you should probably already know that. With MWC taking place, Samsung announced the Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 Edge, and LG announced the G5. We were fortunate to get hands-on time with all of the phones, with videos of each encounter available for viewing.
Beyond Galaxy S7 and LG G5 news, we might have gotten our first look at Android N thanks to the Android development team, Verizon has begun field testing its 5G network, NVIDIA started rolling out Marshmallow to the SHIELD Android TV, and HTC started teasing the One M10 on Twitter. As you will see from the recap list of Android news, this week was bonkers.
If you missed any of it, all of the biggest Android stories are linked below.
- Watch: The Droid Life Show – Episode 103 [Subscribe]
- Video: Galaxy S7 Tour | Galaxy S7 Edge Tour
- Video: LG G5 Tour
- Video: Galaxy S7 vs. Galaxy S6 vs. Galaxy S5.
- Video: LG G5 vs. LG G4 vs. LG G3.
- The Galaxy S7 is definitely water resistant.
- Everything you need to know about Galaxy S7 availability.
- Verizon begins field testing 5G network.
- Pre-Orders: Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge pre-orders went up this week.
- LG G5 pre-orders go live on March 18 at Best Buy.
- This might be our first look at Android N.
- Google: Expect another “standard” in mobile messaging.
- Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge have microSD, but skip Adoptable Storage.
- NVIDIA: Marshmallow rolling out to SHIELD Android TV.
- Here’s why the LG G5 should be your next phone.
- Here’s why the Galaxy S7 should be your next phone.
- One M10: HTC beings teasing the One M10 on Twitter.
- Quick Look: Carved wood case for the Nexus 6P.
- Samsung announced 256GB UFS 2.0 mobile storage.
- LG: Don’t expect a Nexus from us in 2016.
- DisplayMate says the Galaxy S7 has the best mobile display.
- OnePlus: OnePlus 3 said to launch before end of Q2.
- Huawei and Leica announced a smartphone photography partnership.
Have a great weekend, folks!
Some of our best videos.