As Rebecca Black once so elegantly stated, “Yesterday was Thursday, today is Friday.” Yes, sadly, it’s the end of the work week here at DL, but we had a lot to talk about. With Google I/O all wrapped up, we featured a ton of Android M tips and tricks, plus talked a bit about NVIDIA’s Android TV set-top box SHIELD.
On top that excitement, Ron gave us his take on Google Photos in his latest opinion piece, ASUS announced the ZenWatch 2 with zero theatrics, Motorola declared the Android 5.1.1 update for the Moto 360 “not quite there yet,” and TAG has a name for its $1,400 Android Wear smartwatch.
Below, you will find the list of this week’s top Android and mobile-related stories.
- Android M Features: Peeking is the New Heads-up Notifications | Light Colored Status Bar | App Manager Walkthrough | Revamped Volume Controls
- Video: Huawei P8 Lite unboxing and tour.
- Samsung reported to launch 5.5″ Galaxy S6 Plus device in coming weeks.
- Opinion: Ron gives his take on Google Photos.
- HTC may look to do a bit of innovation for next year’s One.
- Full specs for the Galaxy S6 Active released by Samsung.
- ASUS announces the ZenWatch 2.
- Samsung Pay launch reportedly pushed to September.
- Motorola: Android 5.1.1 update for Moto 360 is not quite ready.
- SoundHound announces its Hound personal assistant app.
- Nest to host press event on June 17, may announce new product.
- Amazon launches GameFly game streaming for Fire TV devices.
- I love gold: HTC displays its 24ct. Gold One M9.
- AT&T may soon announce the Galaxy S6 Active.
- TAG’s upcoming Android Wear smartwatch has been named.
Have a great weekend, folks!