Another week down here at DL, as we get closer to 2015. It’s already past mid-November, with Thanksgiving coming up next week. Hard to imagine how fast time flies. This week, a lot of focus was put on the Nexus 6, as many people around the country began receiving their orders from Google and Motorola.
We went over how to do your usual bootloader unlock for the device, as we do with every Nexus, but we also took time to explain our opinion that Nexus devices are not just for the development and tinkering crowd anymore – they are a true consumer product now. From a look at the comments, that post was well received.
On top of the Nexus 6 craze, we went hands-on with the ASUS ZenWatch, a very nice looking Android Wear device, with a full review for that due in the not-so-distant future. Finally, we posted a few videos of Lollipop running on various Samsung devices. At first, it did not look too great, but the latest video of Android 5.0 on the Galaxy S5 has us pretty excited for its release.
Here are the highlights in case you missed anything.
- Video: ASUS ZenWatch unboxing and tour.
- Video: ASUS Zenwatch vs. Moto 360 and G Watch R.
- How to: Unlock Nexus 6 and Nexus 9 bootloader.
- Nexus 6 seeing bogged performance thanks to built-in encryption.
- Another look at Lollipop running on the Galaxy S5.
- Kellen went over his reasons for buying Nexus, and it doesn’t involve flashing ROMs.
- AT&T shipping some Nexus 6 inventory back due to faulty software.
- Carrier can’t activate your Nexus 6? Here are your options.
- YouTube Music Key beta now live for some users.
- Motorola intros the Keylink accessory for $25.
- NVIDIA releases Lollipop for SHIELD Tablet.
- Nexus 9 with LTE coming to T-Mobile in early December.
- Corning announces Gorilla Glass 4.
- Samsung’s Milk Video service now available to US Galaxy owners.
- Nexus 6 factory image “LRX21o” now available.
Have a great weekend, folks!
Some of our best videos.