Another week has come and gone, but it has left us with a lot to look back and reflect on. If you were standing in line this morning for an iPhone 6 or 6 Plus, you may have missed a few of the top stories, so be sure to catch up on all of the Android hotness that took place this week, just in case.
This week was highlighted by the posting of our Moto X (2nd gen.) and Moto 360 reviews, as well as Microsoft’s announcement for the purchase of Minecraft for $2.5 billion. In addition, Punit Soni announced he would be departing Motorola, we learned that the new Moto X won’t make its way to Sprint, and we reported that WiFi calling will make its way to Verizon’s network sometime next year.
Here are the highlights should you have missed any of the action.
- Review: Moto X (2nd Generation)
- Review: Moto 360
- Samsung Galaxy Alpha “A5” photos leaked.
- Punit Soni departs Motorola.
- Android Silver program reportedly placed on hold.
- New Moto X not coming to Sprint.
- Microsoft bought Minecraft for $2.5 billion.
- Has hardware design reached a plateau?
- Google launched Android One in India.
- This quick tip can improve the battery life on your Moto 360.
- Check out these five icon packs.
- Verizon to into WiFi calling sometime next year, not seen as a priority.
- DROID Turbo arrives next month on Verizon.
- Goat Simulator hits Google Play for $5.
- Google Play version 5.0 update detailed ahead of launch.
- Here are 10 features iOS 8 users are “freaking out” about.
- OnePlus cancels StyleSwap covers for the One.
- OnePlus announces pre-order system for One.
Have a great weekend, folks!
Some of our best videos.