The mysterious 5.9.901 update for the DROID Bionic that popped up only a week or so after the officially massive bug fixer looks to have been a tester build. How it made it into the public is beyond me, but we just received word that the 5.9.902 update is headed to testers tonight. The changes are not all that significant or different from the .901 build, but grabbed the new bits and threw them into a list for you below.
- Remove VCast Music preload
- Add Amazon MP3 app preload
- Motorola Terms and Conditions screen automatically enables data collection/location details
- Google security patch to block access to change Home panel icons
- After factory reset, location consent screen shown on activation screen
- Change “Terms and Condition” screen title to “Motorola Terms of Service”
Nice of them to remove one piece of bloatware and at least swap it out for an app that we use on a daily basis, Amazon MP3. The other stuff listed there though, is a bit odd. From the info that we have been given, we cannot tell if Moto is now automatically enabling data collection/location details or if they are removing this auto feature. We also are not exactly sure what Google’s security patch to “block access to change Home panel icons” means. We will hopefully know more this evening.
To see the full changelog from .901 to .902, be sure to check this post.