5G is on the rise in the US, so just like with the 4G LTE rollout of years past, we are seeing a similar trickle out of 5G cities from US carriers. Whether they feature 5G mmW or sub-6 5G tech, there is a good chance 5G is close to your neck of the woods.
Since carriers like Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile, and Sprint only ever announce a couple of 5G areas at a time, we figured you might want a giant list of 5G cities for each, all in one place, that is (hopefully) updated regularly. You’ll find that here.
Verizon 5G Cities
|Atlanta, GA||Indianapolis, IN|
|Boise, ID||Los Angeles, CA|
|Boston, MA||Memphis, TN|
|Charlotte, NC||Miami, FL|
|Chicago, IL||Minneapolis, MN|
|Cleveland, OH||New York, NY|
|Columbus, OH||Omaha, NE|
|Dallas, TX||Panama City, FL|
|Denver, CO||Phoenix, AZ|
|Des Moines, IA||Providence, RI|
|Detroit, MI||Salt Lake City, UT|
|Grand Rapids, MI||Sioux Falls, SD|
|Greensboro, NC||Spokane, WA|
|Hampton Roads, VA||St. Paul, MN|
|Hoboken, NJ||Washington, DC|
- UPDATE 12/23: Verizon now has 5G in 31 cities.
- UPDATE 12/20: Verizon added six more cities.
- UPDATE 12/16-12/19: Verizon added four more cities.
- Learn more about Verizon 5G
AT&T 5G+ Cities
|Atlanta, GA||New Orleans, LA|
|Austin, TX||New York City, NY|
|Baltimore, MD||Oakland, CA|
|Charlotte, NC||Ocean City, MD|
|Cleveland, OH||Oklahoma City, OK|
|Dallas, TX||Orlando, FL|
|Detroit, MI||Phoenix, AZ|
|Houston, TX||Philadelphia, PA|
|Indianapolis, IN||Raleigh, NC|
|Jacksonville, FL||Redwood City, CA|
|King of Prussia, PA||San Antonio, TX|
|Las Vegas, NV||San Bruno, CA|
|Los Angeles, CA||San Diego, CA|
|Louisville, KY||San Francisco, CA|
|Menlo Park, CA||San Jose, CA|
|Miami, FL||Waco, TX|
|Miami Gardens, FL||West Hollywood, CA|
- UPDATE 1/3/20: AT&T added another 10 5G+ cities.
- UPDATE 12/23: AT&T added more 5G+ cities.
AT&T 5G Cities
|Baltimore, MD||Milwaukee, WI|
|Birmingham, AL||New York, NY|
|Boston, MA (soon)||Philadelphia, PA|
|Bridgeport, CT||Pittsburgh, PA|
|Buffalo, NY||Providence, RI|
|Detroit, MI||Rochester, NY|
|Indianapolis, IN||San Diego, CA|
|Las Vegas, NV||San Francisco, CA|
|Los Angeles, CA||San Jose, CA|
|Louisville, KY||Washington, DC|
- UPDATE 12/27: AT&T 5G now in 19 cities.
- UPDATE 12/13: AT&T turned on low-band 5G in 10 markets.
- Learn more about AT&T 5G
T-Mobile 5G mmW Cities
|Atlanta, GA||Las Vegas, NV|
|Cleveland, OH||Los Angeles, CA|
|Dallas, TX||New York, NY|
- UPDATE 12/2: T-Mobile turned on nationwide 5G, not just this limited millimeter Wave stuff. To learn more and see all of the 5,000 towns that are covered, head over here.
- Learn more about T-Mobile 5G
Sprint 5G Cities
|Atlanta, GA||Los Angeles, CA|
|Chicago, IL||New York, NY|
|Dallas-Fort Worth, TX||Phoenix, AZ|
|Houston, TX||Washington DC|
|Kansas City, MO/KS|
Updated January 3, 2020.
Some of our best videos.