Forgive me, but LOL.
According to a new roadmap provided by LG, its G7 ThinQ smartphone won’t receive Pie until some time in Q1 (likely in Korea first, then rollout across the globe), but other devices, such as the V40, aren’t even listed to receive Pie in that timeframe. Instead, it’s set to receive the PentaShot camera mode. And the LG G6? It’s set to get a small performance update with no taste of Pie mentioned, not even a slight whiff of sweet Pie aroma.
LG, you’re bad at software updates and this global update center seems like a joke.
Let us quickly compare LG to another massive Android player who has a super heavy custom skin running atop Android — Samsung. Samsung introduced One UI to run on top of Pie, and while you won’t hear me praise Samsung for how quick their updates come, it’s certainly doing a better job than LG in this department. As of right now, Samsung is poised to have Pie and One UI running on the Galaxy S9, S9+, Note 9, S8, S8+, and Note 8 by March, 2019. Specifically, Galaxy S9 and S9+ owners will have the update in January, meaning Galaxy owners are days away from their Pie update, while LG owners could still be months away. That hurts.
LG owners, we’ll keep you posted, but you’ll need to stay patient for your piece of Pie.
[Planned to be reflected in the first quarter of 19]
G6 Performance Update
- Improve voice call quality
- Improved Talkback voice prompts to improve accessibility
- Improvement of the phenomenon that the fingerprint input screen is temporarily invisible when paying LG pay.
V40 ThinQ Performance Update
- PentaShot feature on camera
- Parking assistant function and subway notification function in context aware setting
- Alarm / Clock app with alarm off function on holidays
G7 ThinQ Performance Update
- Pie OS upgrade planned
Some of our best videos.