- UPDATE 11/4: This update, labeled OxygenOS 9.0.2 is now rolling out to the stable channel. Your OnePlus 6 just became a OnePlus 6T, sans baby teardrop.
The changelog includes things like Nightscape and Studio Lighting camera modes, improved Launcher app, new navigation gestures, the latest Android security patch, as well as an updated Gallery app. Besides the teardrop baby notch, it’ll be like you’re running a 6T on the OnePlus 6, so we can’t argue with that.
Here’s the full changelog.
- New navigation gestures
- Improved UI for About phone
- Updated Android security patch to 2018.11
- Improvements for taking screenshot experience
- New Google quick search box design
- Added Nightscape and Studio Lighting
- Gallery smoother and improved zooming gesture and magnification
Want this on your OnePlus 6? It’s super easy! Head here on your phone and download the Beta Build file, then go to Settings > System update > Settings (top right corner) > Local upgrade. Find the zip file and click Install to confirm. That’s it! Keep in mind, should you want to return to stable, you’ll need to flash the latest public build and wipe your device. You will not receive stable OTA updates when in the beta channel.
Let us know what you think about Nightscape!