The update, like the open beta builds, includes not only Android 9.0 “Pie,” but the updated UI bits from it, adaptive battery support, Google’s new home button gesture navigation (in addition to OnePlus’ version), improved do not disturb settings, new gaming mode 3.0, and accent color customizations.
This Pie update for the OnePlus 6 will rollout in stages, so try and contain yourself if you don’t get it right now or tomorrow. As OnePlus notes, a limited number of users will receive the update today to make sure all is well and not ruining $500+ phones. Once it’s ruled to be cool, they’ll ramp up the rollout until everyone receives it over the next few days.
If you are on the open beta track and were testing any of the Pie betas, you won’t get this stable update over-the-air. Instead, you’ll have to manually flash it once it is ready, and that will require a wipe (factory reset).
OnePlus 6 Android Pie Changelog
- Updated system to Android™ 9.0 Pie™
- Brand new UI for Android Pie
- New adaptive battery support
- New Android Pie gesture navigation
- Updated Android security patch to 2018.9
- Other new features and system improvements
- Do Not Disturb mode
- New Do Not Disturb (DND) mode with adjustable settings
- New Gaming mode 3.0
- Added text notification mode
- Added notification for 3rd party calls
- Accent color
- Supported accent color customization
To check for the update, head into Settings>System updates.