For fans of leaks and unveiling date announcements, it was a solid week for you. Over the past few days, we learned Google will be hosting I/O on May 8-10 in Mountain View (Android P!), Samsung will unveil the Galaxy S9 and S9+ on February 25, and we even got a good look at the devices thanks to a new leak. Solid week, indeed.
Other news centered around LG and HTC’s likely quiet week at the upcoming MWC (don’t expect much), audiobooks launching on Google Play, RED discussing more of its Hydrogen One smartphone (launch later this year), plus we started seeing Google Pay branding pop up on phones.
Here are the stories you don’t want to miss from this week.
- Watch: The Droid Life Show – Episode 163 [Subscribe]
- Samsung: Our first good potential look at the Galaxy S9 and S9+.
- Samsung confirms the Galaxy S9 for February 25.
- LG: Probably nothing special at MWC from LG this year.
- HTC: Probably nothing special at MWC from HTC this year.
- Google: I/O 2018 takes place May 8-10, registration opens Feb. 22.
- Google Pay branding starting to appear on devices.
- Oreo: Google posts additional Android 8.1 images.
- Chrome 64 for Android is good for those who hate annoying ads.
- Audiobooks now available on Google Play!
- RED discusses Hydrogen One phone, but not in great detail.
- Google is cleaning up the Android Beta program page.
- Opinion: Squeezy sides on the Pixel 2 XL? Yeah, we love them.
- T-Mobile and Layer3 TV wrap up acquisition.
- YouTube TV has over 300K subscribers, which is pretty good.
Have a good weekend, y’all!