We just posted a piece that detailed NVIDIA’s teasing of a YouTube TV app for Android TV, but now, YouTube has gone and made it official.
The native YouTube TV app will start rolling out this week to select Android TV devices, such as the NVIDIA SHIELD TV, select Sony TV models, as well as the Xbox One family.
YouTube details that other TVs, like ones from LG and Samsung, should see the app available within the new few weeks.
- Control your live TV experience with your TV’s remote control or game controller.
- For a more cinematic look, we made the background dark on your TVs.
- A new Live guide made for your big screen so you can get a sneak-peek at what’s airing soon.
- Never miss the action with our background playback experience built for your big screen.
- Easily pick up where you left off on another device when you get home.
Obviously, to get this app first, you’ll need a SHIELD TV or select model of smart TV. Everyone else may have to wait just a bit, but having a little patience never hurt anyone.
Collapse Show Comments