A big holiday weekend is here in the US and I know you have beer to drink, but there was some good Android stuff this week to recap. For one, Google Photos and its fancy new sharing features from Google I/O have arrived. It’s awesome. I’ve already got every single picture of my son heading straight to my wife’s Photos account seconds after I take them. Pretty sweet.
Also, we got some big Pixel 2 rumors/leaks, saw the Essential Phone take a step closer to launch, are now expecting a mid-tier Project Fi phone that isn’t made by Google, and unboxed the Verizon Moto Z2 Play. There are a bunch of good deals going down as well, including a big one from Google Play.
- Pixel 2 news: Specs and additional details you have been wanting are here
- Google Play Summer Sale is here!
- Google Photos suggested sharing and family library is here and super awesome
- This is probably what the Galaxy Note 8 looks like
- Essential Phone stopped at the FCC this week | New photos of it
- Project Fi is getting a mid-tier phone option later this year
- Moto X4 might just be the mid-tier Project Fi phone
- Google Play 8.0 adds a sweet little “What’s New” shortcut for updates
- Unboxing: Our first look at the new Moto Z2 Play!
- Release dates for all the new Moto Mods have been announced
- Amazon Echos can now act as your home’s intercom system
- Poll: Do you care about dual cameras?
- Amazon Prime Day is back and kicks off July 10
- Qualcomm has some really cool fingerprint sensors on the way
- Galaxy Note 7 “Fandom Edition” is coming, and that’s stupid
- Huawei seems to have given up on the US
- OnePlus 5 gets first big update
Enjoy the weekend, folks, just be sure to match pints of water to all those pints of pilsner.