Another week in the books at DL. Like a few of you out there, we received our Galaxy S7 from T-Mobile this week, so as you may have guessed, we spent plenty of time playing with it and re-familiarizing ourselves with TouchWiz. Sure, we wish this phone had stock Android, but it’s still a fantastic device. Beyond Galaxy S7 fun, we received our first good look at the HTC 10, pondered the future changes in Android N, and celebrated the collaboration between the Amazon Echo and Nest thermostat.
For those possibly hoping to attend Google I/O this year, mark March 8 down on your calendars. That date is when registration opens, and if it’s going to be anything like previous years, getting in won’t be easy. Prepare your credit cards, folks.
If you missed any of it, all of the biggest Android stories are linked below.
- Video: Galaxy S7 unboxing and tour.
- A look at the Galaxy S7’s Motion Photo feature.
- Galaxy S7: Yes, you can move apps to SD on the Galaxy S7.
- Here are the first ten things you do with the Galaxy S7.
- HTC: Our first look at the HTC 10.
- LG: Company posts another look at the G5.
- HTC One A9 won’t receive support from Verizon.
- Android N: Here’s what we might expect from Android N.
- Google intros yet another mobile payments app.
- Galaxy S7 always-on display is a decent first attempt.
- If you pre-ordered the Galaxy S7, claim your free Gear VR.
- Huawei: Huawei Watch receiving Marshmallow.
- Samsung reportedly in talks to purchase Tidal.
- Google: Google I/O registration opens March 8.
- HTC Vive pre-orders are up for $799.
- Finally, Amazon Echo and Nest work together.
- Samsung Pay gains Wells Fargo support.
Have a great weekend, friends.