With Motorola making the new Moto G official, we can share all of the dirty details, including all of its under-the-hood specifications. While the Moto G may not be insanely popular here in the US, overseas markets can’t seem to get enough of this phone, making it one of Motorola’s most successful devices in its history.
As a recap, the new Moto G features a 5″ HD display (720p), Snapdragon 400 processor, 1GB of RAM, 8MP rear-facing camera, 2MP front-facing camera, 2,070mAh battery, Bluetooth 4.0, HSPA+ connectivity on select carriers, runs Android 4.4.4, and is priced at only $179.
The rest of the details can be seen below.
- Display: 5.0” 720p HD 720×1280 IPS, 294 ppi, Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 processor with 1.2 GHz quad-core CPU, Adreno 305 450MHz GPU
- Memory: Single SIM – 8GB & 16GB versions; Dual SIM; 8GB & 16GB versions; Dual SIM DTV – 16GB
- RAM: 1GB
- Cameras: 8MP rear camera (4X digital zoom, Auto HDR); 2MP front camera
- Battery: 2,070 mAh
- Water repellent: Yes
- Ports: Micro USB; 3.5mm headphone
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n; Bluetooth 4.0
- Audio: Front-facing speakers
- Dimensions: Width: 70.7mm, Height: 141.5mm, Curve: 6.0-11.0mm
- Other: GPS, GLONASS, Digital DTV Brazil Only
- Weight: 149 grams
- Network: GSM/GPRS/EDGE, UMTS/HSPA+ (up to 21.1 Mbps downlink / 5.76 Mbps uplink)
Network Connectivity by Model
US GSM Model: GSM/GPRS/EDGE (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz) UMTS/HSPA+ (850, 1700 (AWS), 1900 MHz)
Global GSM Model: GSM/GPRS/EDGE (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz) UMTS/HSPA+ (850, 900, 1900, 2100 MHz)
Some of our best videos.