In three days, Samsung will steal every single tech headline from here to Barcelona. It’s Galaxy S5 time, which means that nothing else will matter for a brief period of time, just like when Apple does their song and dance for a new iPhone or iPad. We’ll be there to cover it, get our hands on it, react to it, and whatever else the moment calls for. It could be plastic or metal or there could be two models – we don’t know. But we do know that it will be worth talking about over and over again.
Outside of that happening, you should probably catch up on all that went down in the last week, including rumors surrounding the Galaxy S5. Lots of HTC One stuff went down this week as well, though, so you have that, non-Samsung fans. We also whipped up the DL Show episode 50, dropped jaws at Facebook’s acquisition of WhatsApp, and marked Google I/O 2014 on our calendars.
All of the hottest topics in Android are listed for you below.
- Watch: The Droid Life Show – Episode 50 [Subscribe]
- Galaxy S5 Rumors: New Camera | Fingerprint sensor | Larger display.
- Here are all of the Samsung phones guaranteed to get Kit Kat.
- Here is the “All New HTC One” – in gold, and silver and grey. | GIF’d.
- HTC will unveil the new One on March 25 in NYC. We’ll be there.
- Not a joke: Facebook bought WhatsApp for $16 billion.
- Samsung is teasing the Galaxy S5 event with this video.
- Samsung’s new commercials are also pretty damn good.
- Facebook will now montage your life after you die.
- Nike is hiring all sorts of Android engineers to build an Android SDk. Yessir.
- Kit Kat updates for the HTC One on AT&T and T-Mobile are now ready.
- Fitbit recalled and stopped selling the Force because it caused skin irritation.
- Google is doing some really cool 3D mapping with Project Tango.
- Google I/O 2014 will go down June 25 and 26.
- Google is looking to quickly move Fiber into all sorts of new markets.