Not that I’m about to complain about the slowing of news through our inbox over these last couple of weeks because I think we all need a break after one heck of a year, but man, 2014 and CES can’t get here fast enough. I’m ready for the new year – I’m ready to see if Samsung, Motorola, HTC, LG, and Google can try to top one of the most amazing years in tech that I can remember. I may reflect on that more next week as we officially close out 2013. For now, let’s talk this week.
It was certainly slow around these parts with X-mas taking over the mid-portion of everything, but there were still news items worth talking about. We unboxed our Moto X with Bamboo, listed out my top 5 Android phones of 2013, and even put together the on-going list of phones receiving Android 4.4. We also put out a new Icons and UCCW episode, watched Google attack the Rockstar patent troll, and saw HTC give us an incredible infographic on the OEM update process.
- First look: Moto X with Bamboo!
- My top 5 Android phones of 2013.
- When is my Android phone getting Android 4.4 “Kit Kat”?
- This infographic from HTC on Android updates from OEMs is incredible. A must see.
- Icons and UCCW Episode 7!
- Google fires back and Rockstar consortium, basically calls them patent trolls.
- Is LG going to put a swipeable fingerprint scanner on the G3? Please, no.
- The Oppo N1 CyanogenMod Edition is now available.
- Speaking of CM, they just crossed 10million devices.
- Disney is still hosting a mega-app sale on Google Play.
- Please watch this Samsung Galaxy Gear commercial.
Enjoy your last weekend of 2013. Do something, frothy.
Collapse Show Comments